Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ezra 7:10 Principles to Live by
Ezra had Set his Heart to STUDY the law of the Lord, and to PRACTICE it, and to TEACH His statutes and ordinances in Israel…(Fill in your name…. and Angel and set in her heart to study the law of the Lord and to practice it and to teach His Word in our home…)
Set your Heart on the things above and not on this earth! 2 Cor 4:18 Look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal but the things which are not seen are eternal.
What have we set our heart on these days… always needing to reevaluate the things we are participating in, the shows we are watching, the acquaintances we share…. Set your heart on Him, to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him with all of your heart! Is there anything taking up your “time” that is not pleasing to the Lord? Is our hearts set on His kingdom and His righteousness? Matt. 6:33
Study Are you studying the Word? Oh how I want to be in a bible study right now.. Esther sounds wonderful! My ever grateful heart is so privileged to finally realize that I can study at home. There are seasons when I will not be in a bible study but there is never a time when I can not be studying God’s Word. It took me some time to get to this point! I LOVE studying the Bible with my kids!!! We are learning of the life of David and now of his rebellious son Absolom… What a joy to study right alongside of my children! 2 Timothy 6:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.
Practice.. oh how i mess up everyday…. but we have to be practicing what we are learning, applying God’s truths to our lives. I love the verse a friend reminded me in Proverbs 6:16-19 What a great verse we can practice everyday!! (read it)
Joel’s big word these days is “obvious” We are going to be focusing on 1John 3:10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are OBVIOUS… anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not LOVE his brother…. Now I know my kids “love” each other… but my goodness sometimes we we are not showing it at all, especially my boys!! We are going to be working on this… My kids say they know Jesus personally…. these are the kind of things that should be beginning to show in their walk with the Lord. Let is be OBVIOUS that we Love Jesus! Let it be OBVIOUS that we are different from this world!.. Be praying for our kids… praying that they would know, love and serve Jesus with all of their hearts!!!! Be Obvious to all those around you!
Teach…We are teaching everyday. Every circumstance is an opportunity to teach Jesus. Are we teaching them righteousness by what we are practicing? Are we teaching them holiness? Not only are we teaching our children but we are teaching each other.
This is a great thought in accountability. I am thankful for those of you in my life that hold me accountable. I pray that any of you reading this also has that type of relationship with someone. If you don’t begin to pray for it! Let us continue to spur each other on to a deeper level in our Christian Walk. Teach one another. 1 Thes 5:11

1 comment:

  1. Good word, Angel!
    Thanks for sharing your new blog with me! : )

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete