Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HelpMEET

I wanted to share a short devotion that I gave to Whitney (my newest sister) before her and Ryan's (my brother) wedding!

Genesis 2:18,21-22
Then the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone, I will make him a helper suitable for him...So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept, then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man...

I found this poem years ago and have no idea the author...
Woman was made of a rib our of the side of Adam. Not the head to rule over him. Nor his feet to be trampled upon by him. But out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him!

So, How can we be helpmeets to our husbands?

I. Dedicated to YOUR God. Col. 4:2
Commit all your energies, all your thoughts to a single purpose... Your relationship with YOUR Savior. Have a quiet time. Make time for Jesus in your life.
"Devote yourselves to Prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving... "

II. Devoted to YOUR Husband Ruth 1:16-17
"for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die..."

III. Diligent to YOUR Finances I Cor. 4:2
Diligent is making a constant effort to accomplish something... Set goals, have a plan! Be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment