Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ezekiel...God Restores

A Promise of Restoration!
In 6:8 He promises to save a remnant! In 11:14-25 again, He promises restoration to the house of Israel. v. 17 "I shall gather YOU" and "I shall give YOU" Promises of HOPE! We are never left without hope. I love 19-20!
I shall give them ONE heart, and shall put a new spirit within them. And I shall take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statues and keep My ordinances and do them. They they will be MY people, and I shall be their God!!!!
Today we do not live by the law. We could not live by the "externals" of that law. It was impossible! Today we are under the new covenant, the Holy Spirit living inside of us! Today it is about the internals of our heart! He empowers us to live a holy life, one of obedience to the truths of God's Word! We have a NEW heart. The old heart, the heart of stone, unimpressionable, obstinate before God is gone! Now we have a heart of flesh, one that is sensitive to the touch of God, responsive to His Spirit, and obedient to His will! This is God's work of grace!
Heart! True worship is the condition for renewal of true relationship with Jesus. Remove all the obstacles! Clean out the temple, the heart! Make me sensitive, responsive, and obedient!

No comments:

Post a Comment