Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ezekiel...God Strengthens

Ezekiel is called to ministry in Chapter 1. To just sit down and read about his calling and the vision that he sees was a bit confusing... It would be easy to just read over it really just "skipping" it not actually applying it. God's word is ALL inspired, ALL encouraging, and ALL for me. I wanted to figure this out :) What can I take away from chapter 1? I got WAY more encouragement than I expected and I wanted to share!
I will let you read it but some things that stuck out to me were the storm v.4, fire 7 times (purity), of course the 4 beings, unity v.18ff, and the rainbow v.28 which speaks of a calm after the storm or of covenant.

THE PRESENCE OF GOD

HE is OmniPresent
The people are in exile... They are in Babylon. Do they realize that GOD is also in Babylon! God is EVERYWHERE! He is Omnipresent. No place is inaccessible to His presence and energy. The figures facing EVERY direction, bringing a chariot that could move in EVERY direction withOUT turning pictures a GOD who is EVERYWHERE! Psalm 139:7ff He just descended from heaven to earth... there is no place in the universe that GOD can not get too! He is not limited or bound by location! Bringing it down to me :) We move every 3 to 4 years. Usually we have found the most "perfect" church, accountability friends, home etc, and then it is time to go. We have to leave all that we have grown to love and start over. It is hard. I have often felt that i will "never" find another church like "that" one or have "friends" like that... God is everywhere I go. I can find Him in a big church or a small one, a large city or a small town. I do not want my "exile" to cause me to turn away from HIM. He has not left. Joshua 1:9 And Yes, HE has always provided us with a new "family" as long as my face is turned toward HIM!

HE is Omnipotent
He was in the midst of the storm, the fire, the chariot. HE is the sovereign rule of this universe, this planet, this country, and my life... His sovereignty is shown in its control over ALL of creation.. the wind, fire, clouds, thunder, and the living beings.. HE is all powerful. HE is in control of EVERY detail of my life! Trust HIM not only with the "big" stuff but also with the "small"stuff! We have the POWER of GOD on our side! Use it, live it, breathe it! We are NOT defeated 2 Cor. 4:7ff

HE is Omniscient
GOD knows EVERYthing! HE is ALL knowing! The eyes on the wheels v.18 Why do we think we can "hide" things from HIM. He is ever watchful over every detail of our life. HE sees everything! Shouldn't this change the way we live. He sees all, He knows all, He controls all... When we gan grasp just a fraction of this it will change your love for HIM and your life at HOME. Psalm 139

This vision was most likely so awesome, that words just could not do it justice! An awesome chariot being pulled by magnificent guardians, carrying the GLORY of GOD! They were in complete unity and harmony surrendered and lead by the spirit of GOD. They are surrounded by purity and holiness, covered in a rainbow of beauty and mercy. An awesome picture of many characteristics of our GOD. Get to know HIM, not just in the storm but in the calm as well. PRACTICE HIS PRESENCE.
Ezekiel 1:28 "and when I saw it, I fell on my face..." Am I in awe of His presence? Do I recognize my unworthiness before Him?

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you share scripture and your thoughts. It always gets me thinking...
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete